On the way to the legendary Movement Detroit? Here are the set times, festival map, and other must-haves for a stellar weekend!
Welcome to Detroit, the Big D, and arguably the home of techno. Over the years, Detroit Movement has grown from a local techno-focused festival to a global powerhouse featuring techno, house and more! Be on the lookout for big name names like Dom Dolla, GRiZ, Adam Beyerand richie hawtinas well as incredible Detroit talent not to be missed!
One of the best features of Movement Detroit is that re-entry is allowed, so you can go in and out Hart Plaza as required. Hart Plaza is a well contained oasis on the waterfront and Paxahau makes sure to fill the park with everything you need. Another great feature is that the afterparties are absolutely amazing and almost always within walking distance of the main event. Finally, within walking distance of Movement Detroit, you’ll find a ton of history, culture, food, and entertainment for those arriving before or staying after the festival. If there’s still something you need to know after reading, check out the Movement Detroit website for more.
Detroit Movement 2022 Essential info:
Appointment: From Friday 28 May to Monday 30 May
Hours: 2:00 p.m. – Midnight
Location address: Hart Plaza, 1 Hart Plaza, Detroit, MI 48226
Tickets: Buy HERE
Identification documents acceptable for entry
- Any U.S. government-issued driver’s license or ID card that contains a photo and date of birth
- Passport issued by a U.S. or foreign government containing photo and date of birth
- Driver’s license/identity card issued by a foreign government with color photocopy of passport
- Temporary DMV documents proving that you are currently renewing a license – ONLY if accompanied by a passport or expired license.
Detroit Movement 2022 Set hours:
Detroit Movement 2022 Maps of the festival and car parks:
Detroit Movement Do’s and don’ts in 2022:
- Small bags, single compartment backpacks, plush backpacks, handbags (maximum 12″x12″)
- Belt bags
- Gum (must be sealed on entry)
- E-cigs/vapes (no E-liquid or E-liquid of any kind will be allowed)
- Baby strollers
- Blankets, sheets, towels
- Cameras (no removable lenses) – must be without equipment accessories such as camera mounts, selfie sticks, tripods and monopods
- Hydration packs and empty CamelBak water bottles, and plastic or aluminum water bottles
- Rain ponchos/umbrella (hand held ONLY and no taller than 42″ when open)
- Handmade flags/banners or signs (no corporate/corporate branding materials, no rigid flagpoles)
- hula hoops
- Personal misting fan with a bottle no larger than 1.5L (must be empty at event entrance).
- Selfie sticks
- Solar cream
- Aerosol containers including sunscreen and personal beauty products
- Any professional audio recording equipment
- Shoulder Mounted Video Cameras
- Cameras with attachable lenses, camera mounts, monopods, tripods, mounting poles (selfie sticks) or other commercial equipment
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Laser pointers
- Coolers of all kinds (exceptions can be made for medical use)
- Framed backpacks
- Glass and metal containers of any kind, except aluminum water bottles
- Illegal and illicit substances of all kinds
- Outside food or drink (including alcohol)
- Large handbags, bags or backpacks (over 12″ × 12″)
- Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, wagons, carts or any personal motorized vehicle (excluding disability-related items)
- Pets (except documented service animals)
- Professional radios or walkie-talkies
- Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not allowed
- No solicitation and/or promotional materials, including flyers, pamphlets, stickers, beach balls, giveaways, samples, etc.
- Weapons or explosives of any kind
- Bikes inside the festival site (free valet parking is available east of the festival entrance)
- Carts or wagons of any kind
Reminder to take care of your belongings:
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpocketing, ransacking and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. Although this small number of bad apples in the group does not define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting revelers and it is important to be careful with your valuables when you are to Detroit Movement.
Looking for tips on how to keep your belongings safe? Check out our article highlighting some ideas!
Connect with Movement Detroit on social media:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube