Are you ready to dance with the alien invaders at Countdown NYE this year? Stay informed with all the essential information!
After the aliens announced they would land from the far reaches of the galaxy to invade southern California earlier this year, the hype for their arrival in NYE countdown reached an all time high. Now we are days away from their takeover at NOS Events Center in Saint-Bernardin and it’s time to get ready for a weekend filled with mind-blowing beats and otherworldly productions from Insomniac.
While being invaded by aliens doesn’t necessarily sound like it’ll be too good for humans, brave DJs will dominate the decks of Countdown NYE to mark the occasion. This includes big names on the scene such as RL Grime, Ground, Afrojack, Tiesto, Audien, Major Lazer, and Borgore, as well as rising stars ranging from Luc Andy and SIDE PART at Chee and Higher level. And if you’re looking to delve into the sounds that will permeate the speakers of the Countdown NYE, take a look at our playlist!
Related: Still Thinking About What To Wear To Countdown NYE? Check out our article highlighting some out of the ordinary ideas!
Over the past few weeks, new information has arrived for this year’s edition of Countdown NYE, and we’ve compiled everything for you so you can stay safe while partying with these alien beings. Read on for the set times, the festival map, what you can and can’t bring with you, and more!
Essential NYE 2021 countdown information:
Appointment: December 31, 2021 – January 1, 2022
Show times: 4 p.m. – 2 a.m., every day
Call hours: Thursday, December 30 (off site at the LA Academy): 3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., December 31 and January 1 (on site at NOS): 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Location address: 689 S. E St San Bernardino, CA 92408
Tickets: Buy HERE
Age: You must be 18 and over to participate and 21 and over for alcohol. Valid photo ID is required
In an effort to ensure the safety of participants, Countdown NYE will follow all guidelines established by the CDC and state and local authorities, which can be found on their website. To be admitted to the festival, participants must provide proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours of entering the festival. A photo on your phone of your vaccination record or negative result is enough to enter. You will need to show them to staff at the entrance.
NYE 2021 Countdown Define the hours:
Fixed times are currently only available in the Insomniac app, we will update this article once the chart is released.
NYE 2021 Countdown Festival maps, shuttles and parking lots:
Reminder to take care of your belongings:
Sadly, many people have reported pick-pocketing, bag cuts, and thefts of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While that small number of bad apples in the party doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are some opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting revelers and it is important to be careful of your valuables when you are. at NYE countdown.
Looking for tips on keeping your belongings safe? Check out our article highlighting some ideas!
NYE 2021 countdown dos and don’ts:
- NO product / aerosol can
- NO balls or frisbees
- NO Bota bags
- NO costume resembling public safety (police, SWAT, fire, security or medical) uniforms in any way
- NO Drones, remote control planes, toys
- NO drugs or drug paraphernalia
- NO eye drops
- NO gas masks
- NO glass, cans, mugs or coolers
- NO helium balloons
- NO Illegal substances
- NO big chains or spiked jewelry
- NO Large handbags, bags or backpacks (over 12 “× 12”)
- NO laser pointer and buzzer
- NO LED gloves or LED ulms used for light shows
- NO liquid makeup
- NO markers, pens or spray paint
- NO masseurs
- NO Open cigarette packs (at the entrance)
- NO Food or drinks outside (including alcohol and sweets)
- NO over-the-counter medication (available inside the festival at the first aid station)
- NO pacifiers
- No pets
- NO professional photo, video or audio recording equipment (no removable lenses, tripods, large zooms or devices for commercial use)
- NO stickers, flyers
- NO stuffed animals or dolls
- NO Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- NO Toy guns, water guns, slingshot
- NO Unsealed tampons or napkins (at the entrance)
- NO weapon or weapon accessory of any kind, real or fictitious (including whips, lightsabers, pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, fake weapons / accessories, etc.)
- NO Sun loungers / sofas
- YES Mobile phones and portable chargers / external batteries
- YES Cigarettes (must be sealed at the entrance) and lighters
- YES Deodorant (must be sealed at the entrance)
- YES E-cigs / vapes (Refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty on entry. A sealed / unopened bottle of E-liquid or E-juice will be allowed.)
- YES Earplugs
- YES Belt bags
- YES Festival totems or decorated pool noodles (see totem poles guidelines)
- YES Handmade flags / banners or signs (no company / company mark and no hard poles)
- YES Light sticks and luminous / illuminated costumes or jewelry
- YES Eraser (must be sealed at the entrance)
- YES Hula hoops including LED hoops
- YES Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment (must be empty at the entrance)
- YES Inflatable (must be deflated at the entrance)
- YES Juuls (a factory sealed Juul Pod OK at the entrance)
- YES LED whips, poi and orbitals
- YES Lip balm, lip gloss and lipstick (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Non-professional flash / still cameras, portable video cameras less than 6 inches (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, Polaroids, etc.)
- YES Personal mist fan with a bottle not exceeding 1.5L (must be empty on arrival)
- YES Medication prescribed by a doctor that has not expired (must show the doctor’s prescription and consult a security guard at the entrance)
- YES Powder makeup (liquid makeup is prohibited)
- YES Rain ponchos and umbrellas measuring less than 10 ″ when folded up
- YES Reusable water bottles (must be empty at the entrance)
- Selfie sticks YES
- YES Small bags, one compartment bags, plush bags, handbags (maximum 12 ″ x12 ″)
- YES Sunglasses and hats
- YES Sunscreen (inspected at the entrance)
- YES Tampons and towels (must be sealed at the entrance)
- YES Wet wipes (must be sealed at the entrance)
Totem pole guidelines
- The maximum height is 10 feet.
- Totems should be made from a lightweight material (eg foam, PVC / not solid metal).
- Folding / telescoping camera extensions that follow the above guidelines are acceptable (lightweight aluminum / hollow / polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood or aluminum posts should not exceed 1 inch in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entry through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated at the entrance.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be permitted.
- Totem poles promoting illegal activities or hate speech will not be permitted. Please keep it PLUR.