PrideVMC today announced the members of its Board of Directors for 2022-2023. The following board members will assume their roles at the PrideVMC 2022 Annual Meeting on Saturday, July 30, 2022:
- Dr. Abby McElroy (her, hers), President
- Dr. Dane Whitaker (he, him), Past President
- Dr. Omar Farías (he, him), elected president
- Erin Spencer (her, hers), MEd, CVT, VTS (ECC), Treasurer
- Rachel Dufour (hers, hers), information officer
- Dr. Morgan Miller (her, hers), PrideSVMC Student Advisor
- Dr. Ewan Wolff (they, them), industry liaison
- Dr. Deborah Kochevar (her, hers), Executive Director
- Dr. Mia Cary (her, hers), CEO
PrideVMC President Dane Whitaker said, “We are grateful to Dr. Sandy Hazanow, outgoing President of PrideVMC, who will step down from the Board on July 30. Her years of dedication to PrideVMC and the LGBTQ+ veterinary community have helped make us who we are today. . Thank you, Dr. Hazanow.
Along with announcing its upcoming Board of Directors, PrideVMC revealed that 763 individuals and 144 organizations have signed their support for the Gender Identity Bill of Rights (GIBOR) to date. GIBOR was created by PrideVMC’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Task Force to address inequality and inequality across the veterinary profession. Organizations that have signed GIBOR include:
- Year-round PrideVMC partners who have signed up to date: Boehringer Ingelheim USA Inc, Covetrus, Ethos Veterinary Health, Merck Animal Health, National Veterinary Associates, Relief Rover, Simply Done Tech Solutions, The Social DVM, Veterinary Emergency Group and Zoetis,
- The World Small Animal Veterinarians Association (WSAVA),
- The National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA),
- The American Board of Veterinary Practitioners (ABVP),
- The Veterinary Leadership Institute,
- Veterinary schools and related entities that have signed their support to date: Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Carlson College of Veterinary Medicine, Oregon State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, Colorado State College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Arizona College of Veterinary Medicine, Diversity and Inclusion, Tufts Veterinary Council on Diversity, University of California Davis Veterinary Medical Center, University of Minnesota CVM Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Veterinary Medicine and Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine,
- The American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP),
- The American Association of Veterinary Industry (AAIV)
- The American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) and,
- All those who have signed their support as indicated at the end of the GIBOR
PrideVMC invites and encourages all members of the veterinary profession to recognize the existence, humanity and value of transgender, non-binary and gender non-conforming people in the veterinary profession and to support the Identity Bill of Rights. kind of PrideVMC by completing the signature form.
PrideVMC’s Annual Meeting and Happy Hour will be held Saturday, July 30 at 5:00 p.m. during the 2022 AVMA Convention in Philadelphia and virtually. This event is for PrideVMC members and anyone interested in learning more about the organization. Details and the registration link to join virtually can be here PrideVMC.org/calendar.