At the D23 Expo Disney and Marvel Games Showcase today, Bithell Games announced Tron Identitya visual novel coming to PC.
Check out the video below, courtesy of IGN.
In it, a crime has been committed in a new Grid forgotten by its creator and left alone to evolve without user intervention. After the heist, Query, a detective program, was tasked with uncovering the mystery of what was taken and by whom.
As the Query, you’ll find yourself in a world built on shaky foundations and filled with “whispered knowledge”, and it’s up to you to interrogate suspects and investigate your surroundings to uncover the truth.
The decisions you make will actively influence the story, and there will be multiple possible outcomes, both good and bad depending on your “carefully chosen words”.
You will interact with many characters and decide to ally with them, ignore them or even cancel them. Whichever you choose, you’ll have to recover their lost memories in your search for answers as you fight your way through defragmenting the Identity Discs.
Here is a list of features:
- A New Expansion of the TRON Franchise – Unlock a never-before-seen server filled with original new programs to join forces or oppose.
- Beautiful, hand-crafted character illustrations – Watch the story come to life through uniquely designed, detailed characters.
- Rich World Building and Storytelling – In an all-new grid with its own nuanced structure, there’s plenty to discover about the programs and places around you.
- Reveal Memories – The truth of the case is hidden in the ID discs of those around you. Defrag their drives to navigate the complex path to a solution in these unique puzzles.
- One Mystery, Many Endings – Your choices will determine the outcome you see, with a protagonist that lets you take the reins and doesn’t lock you into one approach.
Tron Identity is slated for release in 2023.